Sunday, January 07, 2007

Begin again

I quit training a while back when I had too much stuff going on, new baby, moving, etc. But now I have a new commitment to do a sprint triathlon in the Spring. So, I'm starting to train again.

It's pretty hard. I've gotten pretty out of shape.

Last week sometime, I ran on the tread mill. I was going for 3 miles but only ran 2.25.

Then on Friday, I had a headache and it was nice(ish) out so I decided to go for a bike ride. It was probably a little too cold for it but after a bit I warmed up. I found a bike trail that is near my house and is quite nice. I just kept riding until I got to a neighboring town. Then, I road back. Thankfully, the ride back was slightly down hill. The total round trip was 10.5 miles (according to my bike odometer) and I was stiff the next day.

Tonight, I tried again to run three miles. I only succeeded in running 2.5 but I walked another .7 to at least get the distance in. I feel okay about that but I just wish I could get over that mental hump. Soon.

mwz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home